Friday, March 4, 2011

Our First Day with Evelyn



Patrick and I have had an incredible first 24 hours as parents,
a day filled with so many "firsts" and dozens of precious memories.

Last night our new sweet friends here in Korea, Jin & Debra, along with their daughter Yong, hosted a Dol party for Evelyn. The Korean Dol is a tradition that celebrates the birthday of a one-year-old baby. During the party Jin read from the 23rd Psalm and prayed for us as a new family of three. Following the party we joined the Kims for Korean barbeque and then off to bed.
We are so thankful to have met these fellow believers in Christ here in Korea!

After a good night's sleep Evelyn woke up in a great mood. We were able to see a few smiles and some laughter as the day progressed and she is slowly coming out of her little shell.
She is precious and beautiful!
We still can't believe that she is ours....kind of feels like we are babysitting!
Praying for another restful night tonight and looking forward to one more fun day in Seoul together tomorrow!
































16 comments:

  1. She's a beauty and seems to like y'all! The Kims were at RTS when we were there. Hurry home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy!!!...so happy & thankful that ya'll have each other now!! Love seeing you together and can't wait to share life with all 3 of you in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is precious. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift and blessing to have a Dol in Korea! I have so many thoughts and surely cannot get them out in one comment. I do want to say that I felt like I was babysitting for awhile, too, when Eric first came home. It will sink in soon, but what you are feeling is so normal! It's just surreal to finally be at this point. LOVE you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited! AND...she got to keep the jacket!! :) hurry home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving this happy family! can hardly wait to see you and rejoice with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just gotta say that your little family is good looking!! your smile has always been amazing . . . but there is a new joy there - mama happiness and love radiating! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see y'all on sunday!!!! I am amazed at God's provision...what a blessing to have Christian friends halfway around the world. Soak in every moment of these most precious days with your beautiful daughter. See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. God makes all things BEAUTIFUL & His love & blessings are shining through your family of 3! Looks like you had a wonderful 1st night & I will be praying for your journey home! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i can't stand it!! hurry home so we can kiss all over those cheeks! ya'll look so genuinely happy.... can't wait for sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so cute in that outfit it should be called a DOLL party! I know exactly what you're talking about when you say it still feels like babysitting! I'm so happy for y'all I can't even come up with the words! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO precious! I am just so HAPPY for ya'll!! What a huge blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find it FUNNY :) She kinda looks like Patrick! Hahaha
    She is beautiful, I am so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful family!!! you all looks so very happy... so happy for you!!! hurry home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Must be a pretty joyous occasion! You know I have never been on face book in my life! I signed in as Candace, so I could rejoice as I saw your beautiful family together at last! Can't wait for Sunday! Love u, Jane Clair

    ReplyDelete
  16. Evelyn is such a beauty in her hanbok!

    ReplyDelete