Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Evelyn.

Dear Evelyn,

Today is your birthday. You turn one. Amy and I were hoping to have you home by this event, but we will be about two weeks late.

One year old…soon you will be learning English, meeting your dog brother and sister, reading, going to school, driving, dating, going to college, marrying, having children, etc. Perhaps you will grow up this fast.

Your mother and I often wonder how we could love so deeply someone whom we haven’t even met. For the past 18 months we have been chasing what has seemed like an idea, the idea of you. Many times I have looked at your photo on our refrigerator and wondered, “Who are you, Evelyn?” Who is this little girl in Seoul?

The dream will soon be a reality.

You are my daughter, Evelyn. You are my daughter.

Sweet dreams on your first birthday, you will be home soon.

Love you dearly,

Daddy

7 comments:

  1. So incredibly sweet. I have tears streaming...So happy for you two. Lots of hugs and love, love of love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears, patrick. this is beautiful...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eloquent, honest, and overwhelmingly beautiful. Well said, daddy Patrick. Counting the days until we meet her. It won't be long, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious Daddy!!! You made ME cry.
    Happy Birthday darling girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make me cry, why don't you! This is precious. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears in my eyes. Happy 1st Birthday, Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rejoice with tears of joy as I read such precious words...words only able to be spoken from a Daddy. Patrick, you are, indeed, a DADDY now, and you will be speaking those sweet words to your precious Evelyn very soon.

    ReplyDelete