Friday, February 18, 2011

{Aunt Emily}


Meet Aunt Emily


Also known as Emmie, Emily and/or Hopper.
Emily is my best friend of 14 years and we have been through everything together since our freshman year of college....
nursing school, fun trips, boyfriends, breakups, family drama, moves, weddings, graduate school, the adoption roller-coaster, happy days & sad days, the good times and the bad.
She has been with me every step of the way and is always there to talk me down off a ledge when things get a little crazy!

Emily just recently returned to the States after living in Uganda for 5 months
She is currently working for Open Arms in Austin, Texas a company employing refugee women from around the world at a living wage, using re-purposed t-shirts to create one-of-a-kind products. Great gifts for a good cause!
Check out their website at:

Patrick and I are very honored and excited that Emily is going to travel to Seoul with us when we go to pick up Evelyn. She is going to be our "personal photographer" for the trip and document every minute from the time we leave the US until we return with Evelyn in our arms!
So...if you see her face in some of our pictures while in Seoul you will know who it is...
It's Evelyn's Aunt Emily!!!

love you hopper!


7 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that Hopper is going with y'all!!! How fun. I'm excited about her new job, too- I've got a huge pile of t-shirts to mail to open arms that I keep putting off mailing. Can't wait to hear all about y'all's trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that??? Oh what a nice feeling it is to have your bestie there! Hope I get to meet you all in Seoul!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that I couldn't love you or sweet Emmie more!! I am so excited for all 4 of you to be able to share this journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I got to meet Emily several years ago, and she was so sweet! So glad you will have your best friend with ya'll! SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great experience for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't even imagine the excitment you two must be feeling. i'm so excited to follow along and praying for that final phone call to come SOON. dk baria, laura henson's mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that's awesome!! how thrilling for all of you, and i am SO glad you won't have to worry about trying to document it all, and just revel in the experience! and what joy to have Emily with you - I am so happy for ALL of you! can't wait to see the post! i will live vicariously :)

    ReplyDelete