Friday, November 5, 2010

NVC In/Out

Well, we are officially DONE with the US side of this crazy paper chase!!! I just got off the phone with the National Visa Center and we have been logged in/out and all of our paperwork was electronically sent to the US Embassy in Seoul yesterday!

but here is the frustrating part...

Evelyn must be issued an Emmigration Permit (EP) from the Korean government before she can travel.
This permit allows her to leave the country permanently.
We received word on Wednesday that Korea will not issue any more EPs for 2010. Evelyn will not be submitted for her EP until 2011 and we were told to be prepared for an additional 2 month delay in our timeframe to travel.
Our original estimated time for travel was
late January - early February.
Our new timeframe is now late March-early April and
we will most likely miss her 1st birthday.
Needless to say, we are very disappointed.
We thought we were close to the end of this
emotional roller coaster ride.

We are trying to trust in God's perfect timing
during this process.
Please pray for us as we have a long winter ahead...



7 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you! We are trying to hold on to our faith in God's timing as well...it is difficult to say the least! Y'all are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I could have written your post Amy! Haven't we gone the oh-so same path! You're right there where we are - at a stand still. God's timing, god's timing. We are sooooo in God's timing mama! We'll make it through this emotional ride, so hang on a little longer.

    Congrats on finishing the US side, such an accomplishment...If this line moves up any, I'll let you know! Keep the faith mama, we're in it for the long haul... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart sank for y'all when I got the korea email wednesday. The timing of ALL of this is so frustrating. We know and trust that its all in His time, but it would sure be nice if He'd let us in on the plan ! :) Maybe this time next year we'll be having a Thanksgiving play date with our families' newest members!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for the delay. you and baby evelyn are in my prayers. dk baria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of our two precious girls all the time. Congrats on your US paperwork! Each check off the list is one step closer. I am already thinking of things to keep my mind busy after the first of the year so I don't lose my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so frustrating! I will be praying for ya'll to have peace and be able to rest in God's sovereignty over this...we are trying to do the same. My heart goes out to ya'll. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 9 months to your sweet girl too!

    ReplyDelete