Saturday, October 2, 2010

Waiting...


The waiting is the hardest part...
Adoption is beautiful. No question about it. Adoption is also excruciatingly hard. The process is hard. The waiting is hard. And once the time comes for you to see the face of the one you’ve been waiting for finally arrives…
it’s beautiful, but also hard.
She's out there. We know who she is and what she looks like yet there is so much land and sea (and paperwork!) keeping us from our daughter.
For those of you who have gone through or are currently going through an adoption process you know what I mean....

Adoption is full of "hurry up and wait."

Some of you may have read this on the 147 million orphans website but we have found these words to be very pertinent
to us during this entire process:

"Waiting is never an easy process. We began to dream about our daughter and fall in love with a person, whom we have never met. I will say that with each wait during this adoption process God has done some amazing work in our lives. He has taught us how to submit to His will, how to trust in His perfect plan for our life, and how to reach for His word during the hills and the valleys. Always remember that others are watching you wait and you want to WAIT well by shining as a light for the
glory of the Father."

While I'm waiting...
I will serve You
While I'm waiting...
I will worship
While I'm waiting...
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
Though it's not easy
Faithfully, I will wait...




3 comments:

  1. Loving you today and wishing I could come over and hold you tight. A cyber hug and lots of prayers will have to do, but please know I understand and am here for you every single day. I'm just a phone call or e-mail away.

    Adoption -- Evelyn -- is worth it, but yes, the waiting is SOOO hard! Praying things happen quickly and that you get that good news this week of an I600 approval.

    I love you, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers for you this morning, dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through my friend Alison (www.lovinmuch.blogspot.com)! We just started the process to adopt from Korea through Holt. I'd love to chat with you sometime. Email me if you get the chance! :)

    ashley61985@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete