Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Evelyn's Adoption Video

It is somewhat of a tradition among adoptive parents to make a video of their adoption journey. As their children grow they can watch "their story" as a reminder of how much they were loved and longed for even before they were born. Many times while we were waiting for Evelyn's arrival Patrick would come in and find me crying while staring at the computer watching someone else's story of the journey to their child. Although these were happy tears of joy and anticipation there was also an ache in my heart for our daughter to be home in our arms. Now I can proudly say that we have our own story and I can watch it from beginning to end. It is a beautiful story that only the Lord could write, and we are very thankful to be a part of it. Here it is.
This is Evelyn's Road Home.


Evelyn's Road Home from Amy O'Mara on Vimeo.

8 comments:

  1. I love you, I love you, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest video I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT WAS incredible - just perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That was amazing! Beautiful! Loved it! Hope you guys are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your video! What an awesome story! I've followed y'all but never commented. I grew up in Carthage (Meaghan Bailey)...I was just a little kid when Patrick and his brothers were teenagers, so I'm not sure he'd remember me. Anyway, my family just announced that we are adopting from Ethiopia. I can't wait until we have our own video! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely reduced to a puddle after watching this! What a beautiful video!

    Kelly

    fromemptywombtooverflowingheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arthur and I watched this video, and I cannot explain how much I cried. This is just beautiful. You are wonderful parents, and Evelyn is so beautiful. This video is perfect, and I know all three of you will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete