Monday, August 30, 2010

...with joy & great expectation...


Evelyn Byeol Wright O'Mara



Born February 13, 2010
Seoul, South Korea



"I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted."
Job 42:2

After years of discussion, Amy and I finally became of one mind in our dreams of what our family would look like in the future. We started down the road to bring Evelyn home. The problem was we didn’t know where she was or exactly how to get to her. Over the past 12 months the path of international adoption took us to the edge, nearly plunging us into a deep, dark place only to reel us back from the brink at just the appropriate time. The despair often associated with this world frequently materialized before us, sometimes in others, yet more often in ourselves as we looked in the mirror, and the darkness, insecurity, and fear in our own hearts chilled us with vigor. The great difficulty in the adoption process was, and still is, knowing at what stage joy and happiness are safe places to allow oneself to venture.

We often make the mistake of believing that Evelyn is the main beneficiary in this process; the reality of our bringing her out of poverty, stamping our love on her before she is even aware of it, and our pursuing her at deep costs, whereas, in reality, Amy and I have grown to understand more and more that, in the midst of our spiritual poverty, Love has been stamped on us.

We desire to show Evelyn the joy of Family as we comprehend Atoning Love more deeply. Thank you for joining us on our adoption journey.

This is Evelyn’s road home.





18 comments:

  1. LOVE the blog!! Where did you get the picture at the bottome? I NEEEED it (as my children say)! I'm adding you to my blog NOW! Can't wait to meet little Evelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Can't wait to read more, and follow Evelyn's journey home! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful!!! We're so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious!! Thank you for sending me the link, Amy. I am excited about following your sweet baby girl's journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome!! been waiting on this to hit the world wide web!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wondrously stated, my friends...how undeniably dear you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautifully written and an even more beautiful story! i cannot wait to meet this precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing Evelyn's story with us!! She has been given such an AMAZING family! My heart is warmed by your words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing. Martin and I are so happy for y'all! Can't wait to met Evelyn and for our new little girls to know each other.
    Kate and Martin Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming to ya'll from Ginger's blog! Your baby girl is precious!! We are in the process to bring our baby girl home from Ethiopia! I love meeting other adoptive families on this journey! I will definitely be following yours!! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a joy your daughter is...she brought such a smile to my face.. We are waiting for a referral from South Korea. I can't wait to post our child's face..thank you for this encouraging post about love. I hope you get to bring Evelyn home very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How precious that God has handpicked you to be the parents of this darling little girl. I will be looking forward to hearing more about the journey.
    http://hearthopebyolga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know firsthand how God chooses just the right child for your family. The only way to explain the love you have is that it is God-breathed. Thank you for allowing us to follow your blog! We will follow with much anticipation. Evelyn is a beautiful baby! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOD IS GOOD! I am so thankful that God has blessed you with a child. Evelyn is loved all the way around the world. Amy are chats this past year have meant so much to me and I can't to hear more about Evelyn as the days grow nearer that she is in your arms. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful opening to your blog! I can't wait to meet sweet Evelyn and I continue to be so very happy for you both. Love and many hugs to you. Please know you are covered daily in prayer and loved so much! In Christ, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can't wait to meet our new cousin. Love, Martha Ellis, Weezie, and Eleanor

    ReplyDelete